- Andrew Kos
- Bill Burlein
- Bryan Williams
- Christian Vozar
- Jeff Brown
- John Kraus
- Joseph Mak
- Josh Durbin
- Mark Daugherty
- Matt Van Bergen
- Melissa Geoffrion
- Michael Kang
- Michael Chan
- Michael Hodgdon
- Mike Motherway
- Molly McDaniel
- Nadia Maciulis
- Pat McLoughlin
- Paul Michelotti
- Puru Hemnani
- Rohit Srinath
- Ryan Lunka
- Tom Kelly
Ohhhh umbraco 4.5.1
Thursday, August 26, 2010
In my first post about umbraco I documented the installation process that I went through for the 4.5.1 release of umbraco. Everything seemed to work out well during the installation. The only hiccup was a minor one encountered while attempting to install the Runway example site. After the installation was completed I was able to login using the administrator account that I set up during the install. I assumed I was ready to rock. Man was I off! I am sitting here two full days later still not understanding exactly what the issue was.
When I logged in the first time I saw all of the top level nodes that I expected to see, unfortunately that is all that I could see. Nothing under any of the nodes was there. I was not able to add anything into the system. This really perplexed me because inside of the umbraco database that I had specified I could see lots of data. I immediately hit the forums and was relieved to find out that I wasn’t the only one having this issue. I assumed a couple configuration settings and I would be on my way.
I was using a brand new Windows 7 VM with SQL Server 2008 Express R2. All signs seemed to point to a permission error since I was able to login. (The site could obviously access the database) I went about re-installing the database and application several times as well as through a serious of checks that I will summarize now. Here are a couple links that had helpful hints.
These are all of the checks that I performed. If any one reads this and has more suggestions please leave a comment with any other helpful hints.
1.) Made sure the IIS directoy had full trust
2.) Made sure that the App Pool that umbraco was running under was set to v4 and integrated pipes. Also made sure that the Network Service was being used by it.
3.) Made sure that the Network Service had full access permissions to the umbraco web folder.
4.) Made sure that the Network Service had full access to the Windows\Temp folder.
5.) Made sure that the umbraco build was properly extracted from the downloaded zip.
Unfortunately none of these changes helped. Everytime I reinstalled and logged back in the same thing would happen, no nodes. Thankfully the beta release of 4.5.2 was released this week. I installed the beta release with the exact same permissions and could see all of the nodes! I may never get to the bottom of the issue, but I am happy to finally get to play with the framework.
- Descriptive JMX Beans in AEM/CQ
- Invisible requirements within Business requirements
- Building a better Options Predicate
- Extensionless URLs with Adobe Experience Manager
- The Life of a Tester in Adobe CQ World!
- Limitations of the CQ Parsys Model and the Implementation of a Nested Paragraph System
- Using Apache FOP to generate a PDF document based on a form submission data
- Configuring SAML in AEM 5.6