- Andrew Kos
- Bill Burlein
- Bryan Williams
- Celina Buczkowska
- Daniel Ryerson
- Jeff Brown
- John Kraus
- Joseph Mak
- Josh Durbin
- Mark Daugherty
- Matt Van Bergen
- Matthew Young
- Melissa Geoffrion
- Michael Kang
- Michael Chan
- Michael Hodgdon
- Mike Motherway
- Molly McDaniel
- Nadia Maciulis
- Pat McLoughlin
- Paul Michelotti
- Puru Hemnani
- Rohit Srinath
- Ryan Lunka
- Tom Kelly
Invisible requirements within Business requirements
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Testing in an author environment can have its own challenges. Component's configurations need to be tested at this level to achieve correct content authoring. So, when faced with fields upon fields of data for each component needing to be validated, more often than not we are left with little to no requirements to validate these fields.
Button component configuration consists of: Text field, Link field and Open link in new window checkbox
As a tester I start validating each field by using negative test cases:
· Leaving fields empty, will ‘error message: this is a required field’ be displayed?
· Are invalid links allowed in ‘Link Field’?
· Is there a character limit to the Text Field?
· Any limits set for each field?
Within AEM we need to start looking closely at these hidden requirements that are not brought up during Inception. Not validating these fields properly could have a huge impact on how the site is authored. Eliminating any and all ambiguities in components will give content authors a better understanding of how components are configured and how they act. Invisible requirements are not so invisible after all!
- Creating a Custom Content Importer for AEM/CQ5
- CT Tag Manager: A Generic Tag Management System for CQ
- CITYTECH Speakers' Top Session Picks for CIRCUIT, an AEM Developer Conference
- Forecast for Adobe Summit: Sunny and Bright
- More AEM/CQ5 SEO Best Practices: Redirects, Vanity URLs, and XML Sitemaps
- Get Ready for CIRCUIT This Summer - Our Developer Conference
- Resetting the Value of Select Boxes in Safari for iOS onChange
- The Importance of Regression Testing
- Integrating Adobe Experience Manager with Google Tag Manager
- Say Hello to the New Application Support Team